Monday, August 24, 2015

Rakhi card with pop up flowers



Hi Friends
Coming weekend is a lovely indian festival celebrating the bond of love between siblings, Yes it is rakshabandhan..the festival celebrating brother and sister relationship.

I am sure all the sisters must have geared up and prepared lovely handmade rakhis and cards for their brothers. Here are some more ideas to inspire :)

I prepared this rakhi card for my bro last year. It is made using pattern paper and washi tape. The inside has a surprise pop up flower arrangement! now who does not like surprises :)


Flower pop up element for a surprice inside the rakhi card.


See some of my earlier handmade rakhi and rakhi cards here:













Quilled Rakhis


Quilled Ganeshji and lumba rakhi


Rakhi card


Quilled rakhi and card



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rakhis and cards !! :) This time and first time I made simple crochet Rakhis and my daughter made simple cards for me to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Rakhis and cards !! :) This time, and first time, I made simple crochet Rakhis and my daughter made simple cards for me to send them with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rakhi cards Lavina ! I use to make rakhis at home but since last 2 years getting readymade ones as our handmade rakhis are not that sturdy and won't last even for a Day (plus should be waterproof ! ) ,my bro would come complaining and make me repair it again n again ;) ! I love the "Lumba" Rakhi very much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh you have been a busy girl Lavina...So many festive projects!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card and beautiful Rakhis Lavina..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the surprise pop-up blooms! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback/comments are most welcome..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...